I have been starving to let my thought flow. My thrifty day was spent at Walmart. I love Walmart, it is the best place when you are attempting to save money. However, have you ever wanted to save money before and ended up spending more because you think, "Well I saved on the sausage so why not get those brownies." I can still get the sausage and the brownies and still save about $1.00. The calories were not saved but when you are attempting to justify your wrong doings it seems so right.
Where did I save today?
I bought the no name brand of maple sausage instead of Bob Evans. I also bought the no name of spaghetti sauce, which saved me about 49 cents. I also saved 20 cents on my son's mac and cheese. I am sure I will hear about that.
Well, what tip can I offer today! Ugh, let's see. TIP: Just because it saves you some money it might not be the best for your family. You can save in so many ways, but if you end up breaking out because you used the cheaper brand of a facial mask, it might not be worth it. You have to know the product. And know the person who you are buying it for. I can not go shopping with my son. If I always buy the name brand product then I better not come home the next time with a store brand. That would not work well for my 7 year old son.
Just remember, saving is great, but you do not want to lose the trust of those who you cook for! There is another tip, for free go figure.
I'm pretty sure that places like Wal-Mart, Costco, Sam's Club, etc. are built upon this concept. "Since this is sooooo cheap, I may as well get this.....and this....and..." It is easy to "save" on an item but not the checkout bill.
ReplyDeleteGood second point. Many people think that cheaper is saving. Value is saving, and places like Wal-Mart try to make you forget that.
Your son is not the only one who poo-poohs the non-brand name thing. I know many adults who scoff or laugh at my purchases. I usually laugh at them when I'm at the bank depositing my money.
Keep up your good work, Ms. Thrifty Chick.